The mission of the Lowell Alliance for Families and Neighborhoods is to support families and communities by advocating for and promoting empowerment, inclusion and diversity. This includes connecting families with local food providers, assisting with access to community services, providing language translation, and coordinating management of the Franklin Court Community Garden.
Website: Lowell Alliance for Families and Neighborhoods
- Community Gardening: Coordinating management and resources for the Franklin Court Community Garden.
- Social Equity & Justice, Advocacy: Connecting families with local resources (including emergency food services) and working to strengthen food access networks. Helping families navigate the service system, including accessing WIC and SNAP benefits and identifying emergency food providers.
Projects and Initiatives
The Lowell Alliance for Families and Neighborhoods works with schools and parents to advocate for lunch services, assists families with accessing health and social services, and refers clients to emergency food providers.
The Lowell Alliance for Families and Neighborhoods employs trained outreach and translation staff, with expertise in both Spanish and Kamai. Translation assistance is available for groups and projects whose work aligns with organization’s mission.
Networks and Partnerships
- Youth Programs
- Immigrant and Refugee Communities
- Religious Groups and Organizations
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Emergency food service providers
Household, Block, Neighborhood
Content created by Metabolic Consulting