Food Production Plan
Setting the Table: Towards Greater Food Security in Lowell, Massachusetts, a report by the Conway School of Landscape and Design, evaluates the barriers Lowell residents face in obtaining food and recommends actions that might be taken to further food security and self-sufficiency in the city.
Setting the Table proposes strengthening Lowell’s food system through a series of recommendations that include:
- Establishing community resource centers
- Installing local food production sites such as backyard gardens, rooftop gardens, and public orchards
- Community fish farms
- Addressing soil contamination
- Reducing food waste and recycling waste
- Promoting healthy corner stores
- Changes to city zoning ordinances
To read the full report, please download Setting the Table.
Content created by Metabolic Consulting.