The mission of The Open Pantry is to relieve hunger in our community. We aim to connect people to a variety of filling, nutritious, and culturally-appropriate food as well as to other community resources; to advocate on behalf of those in need locally, statewide, and nationally; and to engage with others in building food security.
Contact: Melissa Carino, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: The Open Pantry of Greater Lowell
- Community Health & Social Services: Client referrals to other community organizations for additional services, including SNAP/WIC benefits, mental health care, and housing assistance.
- Advocacy, Social Equity & Justice:
- Food Access, Food Assistance & Emergency Food
- Community Gardening: Partner with one of the founding members of The Open Pantry to source fresh produce from a church community garden.
- Culturally Appropriate Food
Projects and Initiatives
The Open Pantry of Greater Lowell works to expand access to fresh produce and healthy food options for its clients. The Pantry currently partners with a church community garden, and is planning to expand its efforts by providing seeds to clients in combination with educational workshops on growing skills. The Open Pantry is also seeking to source more culturally diverse food from local markets and food banks in order to better serve its neighborhoods.
- Mill City Grows
- Merrimack Valley Food Bank
- Merrimack Valley Catholic Charities
- Central Food Ministry
- Greater Boston Food Bank
- Project Bread
- Local Farmers
- Food Distributors
- Institutional Buyers
- Youth Programs
- Immigrant and Refugee Communities
- Religious Groups and Organizations
Content created by Metabolic Consulting